[AusNOG] "Sewer broadband provider dumped" - Brisbane fibre plan scrapped

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Thu Feb 24 12:53:21 EST 2011

On 23/02/2011, at 6:24 PM, Bevan Slattery wrote:

Maybe you're just not part of the conversation.   Did you goto any of the roadshows?  Or have any meetings with NBNCo?

No - perhaps they've lost my contact details :)  I thought this was supposed to be a public process in which all the information is made available to the public.  I have been relying on information in the public domain.  Is there information that is only provided behind closed doors?  What are these guaranteed discounts you talk about?  Isn't this an open and transparent process as promised?

Not sure what you're really getting at, other than, you don't seem interested in being part of the engagement.

The presentations at the roadshows in the last few weeks are at:

http://www.nbnco.com.au/wps/wcm/connect/main/site-base/global-pages/industry-engagement

Most of the industry was there as well as many other stakeholders - the one I went to had government, contractors, end users, telecommunications people and other interested parties.

I guess you need to put the effort into engaging if you're actually interested in doing so.  Your call.

MMC