[AusNOG] VLAN/PrivateIP To/From AAPT Glebe Sydney to Syd DC

Shaun Deans :: Kadeo shaun at kadeo.com.au
Tue Feb 8 09:39:49 EST 2011

Hi Noggers;

We currently have a presence in the third party room @ AAPT in Glebe.
We have a financial customer who has a requirement for some offsite DR which we would like to have near real time syncing on. We are therefore looking a VLAN/Private Transit between Glebe and another DC in Sydney where we would separately source some Colo.

We have would be looking at mainly outgoing (From Glebe) data however if we ended up in somewhere like Global Switch it would be nice to be able to bring in some transit from a more "Carrier Neutral" location.

We have been speaking with Ueecom/Optus as we were able to spot some of their kit in there however I would be interested to hear from some other providers who may have some spare capacity from there and are maybe looking to subsidise costs.

Most welcome to contact off list;
Commercial offers are welcome however we are simply investigating options atm so don't be shocked if we don't jump at your deal ;-)

Cheers

Shaun
Kadeo