[AusNOG] iiNet to Acquire Internode

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Dec 22 16:33:36 EST 2011

  I'm seeing this as a good thing. It will ramp up competition, and
hopefully shake things up with the introduction of the NBN, and some
competitive wholesale pricing. Assuming of course the iiNet group will
be offering NBN wholesale services.

  For those worried about the Internode culture disappearing, according
to this: http://www.internode.on.net/news/2011/12/259.php and a few
other things lurking around whirlpool, Internode and Agile will continue
to run exactly as they are with the same offices and staff. Simon
himself is even staying on to manage these business units.

  However, we've seen many time again where a business is bought out,
rumored to run the exact same, but eventually gets merged with the
parent product/company.