[AusNOG] fibre path diversity

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 18:31:18 EST 2011

Thanks for all the off-list posts. General consensus seems to be that this would be to complete the diverse path by utilising a fibre (that is already in place) for the second path but that they have to splice into to run to the building (via diverse entry).

Not as I read and mis-understood to mean they were taking an existing path and just splitting it upstream to just provide "diverse" entry points (which would be rather pointless).

Probably should have thought about it a bit more and might have come to the same conclusion myself.

Thanks,
Tony.