[AusNOG] FREE!!!111 Net Master

Christopher Pollock chris at ionetworks.com.au
Thu Dec 15 14:05:05 EST 2011

Yeah but you can't leave an eeePC in your pocket - it's quite feasible to
leave a small console cable in there though.

Some of you might remember my forays into iDevice serial ports a few years
back, and part of what made me not bother going through production was Get
Console.  It has some really sweet features, including being able to have
someone else online (via SSH or web?  don't remember which) into your
iPhone's serial port, which would be pretty useful for sending dumb remote
hands out to just plug into a device for you.

Now that I carry a laptop around with me everywhere, I find that I don't
bother with even the miniaturised version of my serial port, as it's only
really useful for preventing having a mobile PC.

--
Christopher Pollock,
io Networks Pty Ltd.
e. chris at ionetworks.com.au