[AusNOG] 103.0.0.0 Bogon Update

Martin - StudioCoast martin.sinclair at studiocoast.com.au
Thu Aug 25 12:15:38 EST 2011

Hi,

Just thought I would let everyone know that the bogon filtering issues
on the 103.0.0.0 block are now resolved amongst australian isps.
As far as I can tell, visibility is 100% in Australia now that Three
have removed their filter.

I have also completed an ASN scan of the greater internet (all 38000 of
them!) and identified 300 ASNs that may be blocking the prefix.
Each ASN owner was contacted and so far 130 or so have removed the filter.

If anbody would like some further information on how the tests were
conducted let me know.

Regards,

Martin Sinclair
StudioCoast