[AusNOG] DSLAM for apartment complex

Rory McMahon RMcMahon at primustel.com.au
Thu Sep 30 13:30:56 EST 2010

If it's only a few of the residents in the complex that want in on your
private network, I'd suggest using VDSL based Ethernet extenders like
the following, which are pretty cheap.

http://www.versatek.com/products/ethernet_extender.htm

If you've got the whole complex interested, you'd be better off with an
IP-DSLAM we've installed a few in Hotel's and they work quite well,
don't need any external servers (the LNS/Radius is built in, but you can
use external radius as well)

Cheers,

Rory