[AusNOG] [off-topic] MS Surface

Chris Pollock Chris.Pollock at staff.pipenetworks.com
Wed Sep 29 16:20:00 EST 2010

Sort of.

The fact that reading the input is done with cameras is very cool,
especially when you look at what raw data can be read with them.
There's a heap of potential for them over and above a giant ipad insofar
as that visibility goes, Eg being able to read credit card details by
putting your card face down, object detection, etc.  Spend a few minutes
playing with the development console and you can see there's plenty of
potential.  It's a great piece of hardware, just that there's no useful
application for it, and thus no reason to use it.

We used it as a giant google earth interface to show off our fibre
coverage maps.

--
Chris Pollock
Technical & Install Manager

PPC-1 is now live!
6900 km, 20 Months, 2.56 Tbps, 12.5 kilovolts, $200 Million and 100%
Australian Owned.
http://www.pipeinternational.com

Mobile :  +61 4 1074 7765
Phone :  +61 7 3233 9813