[AusNOG] NBN must avoid becoming 'failed state'

Jason Bailey jason at naughtymonkeys.net
Mon Sep 20 17:49:41 EST 2010

On 20/09/2010 3:32 PM, Dobbins, Roland wrote:

>> What should be the sanction for RSPs that promise to comply with such a code of behaviour, but fail to do
>> so effectively at crunch-time?
>
> Disconnection, pour encourager les autres.

NBN Co. should disconnect potentially thousands of users because their
RSP has failed to live up to a contentious security standard?

I can see the headlines now: "NBN disconnects surgeon, kills patient".
Laurie Wilson's presentation was excellent, and shows exactly how such a
headline could become reality, if NBN Co. were to do as you suggest.

Jason