[AusNOG] TPG BGP Domestic Path

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 17:21:11 EST 2010

Hi all,

I received the following information from TPG in regard to a question on this topic:

====
We support communities to change the local preference of your routes within our network. The default local preference of all customer networks advertised by customers to our network is 400, other local preferences of 420, 380 or 350 are supported, please use the format 9942:420 etc.

As for posting this information on a public forum, this is only set up on a per customer basis upon request, we do not configure the route-map to match these communities as a default configuration. You are welcome to post the fact that this can be done upon request.

Yes, ibog at tpg.com.au is the email address for our internet backbone operations group.
====

Perhaps this might help some people. If they get a deluge of requests to set it up they may regret saying that I could post the information, but I did specifically ask permission make it public.

regards,
Tony Miles.