[AusNOG] Malcolm Turnbull to Comms role

Steve Baxter steve at thebaxters.com
Wed Sep 15 06:50:33 EST 2010

> Clearly Conroy's "election winning" strategy grates.

Yep - seeing as NBN 'won' the election for government then the failure
of previous shadow could very well be seen to have lost them the
election. I must say that a competent shadow should have been able to at
least expose the financial aspects of the NBN as folly and take some
paint off Labor for it, instead it degraded into a technical argument of
which fibre was always going to win.

I do not think you will find many who thought Tony Smith was the best
communications shadow available.

SB

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/232082,smith-dropped-from-shadow-comms-