[AusNOG] Conroy's net filter still alive and kicking

Phillip Grasso phillip.grasso at gmail.com
Sat Sep 11 05:11:43 EST 2010

IMHO the Labor's filter policy drove away a lot of support from the IT
industry for the NBN (irrespective if you agree or not on 'how', it put
broadband as a front and center issue), but rather then grabbing headlines
for NBN merits, they had to share that space with the torrent of negative
press associated with the filter.  **** Unless that was their plan, but that
just sounds stupid. ****.

Quite clearly fight battles of multiple fronts wasn't so bright.

Also, putting this totalitarian policies just didn't sound like it
gravitated to labors traditional voter base, but seems like they lost their
identity by trying to win support of the far right (filter, no ets, pro
AFACT stance from conroy, boat policies) while at the same time eroding some
of their traditional support base. Go figure massive swing to greens /
libs/nats. Basically little difference in ideology between those parties
(labor & libs)?