[AusNOG] MPLS/VPLS solution

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Fri Sep 10 14:17:53 EST 2010

Lincoln,
The optical switches still exist for 10GE customers.   They pretty much reused their existing Brocade platform except for larger core switches (what was possible changed when they moved to VPLS).

I'd forgotten about the VSRP stuff - Henk's preso from APRICOT2010 explains it all:

http://meetings.apnic.net/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/18856/APOPS-Plenary-2_AMS-IX-Generation-4-MPLSVPLS-experiences-_Henk-Steenman.pdf

Certainly the migration was fairly smooth - we didn't notice really.

MMC