[AusNOG] Film industry soliciting DDOS attacks?

Vitaly Osipov vitaly.osipov at gmail.com
Fri Sep 10 13:37:44 EST 2010

The phrasing could be just a re-framing exercise. How about a warrant
from the govt to AFACT authorising them to disrupt communications of
whatever pirate web site? Sounds quite legit.

Also, nobody is talking about compromising computers to form a botnet.
These days it is easy to spin one up quite legally in, say, Amazon
cloud for a reasonable price, although it is of course not as cheap as
illegal ones, which go for a few bucks an hour for DoS capacity in
hundreds mbps/gigabits of traffic. Arbor knows that, I am sure.

Regards,
Vitaly