[AusNOG] Katter backs Coalition - Windsor backs Gillard

Sam Silvester sam.silvester at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 15:56:19 EST 2010

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 9:05 PM, Bevan Slattery
<Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com> wrote:

> I fear that  low income people will be even financially further away
> from their needed speed of 512/512Kbps.    You should join the AAB mate!
> ;)

Whilst I'm sure that was somewhat a throwaway line, that 512/512Kbps
was for a single instance of one application.

If we're still thinking along the lines of a single application at a
time, we're totally missing the point. We need to think in terms of
multiple applications at a time, and multiple users per house as the
usual case because it's certainly the case not just in my house, but
also my parents, friends and friend's parents homes. May work right
now, but it's not a big stretch of my imagination to say that we're
pretty close to the technology limit - not 24x7, but that's not the
point either.