[AusNOG] Govt wants ISPs to record user history

James Troy (PageUp/AU/VIC) jamest at pageuppeople.com
Tue Sep 7 13:55:02 EST 2010

But a VPN connection is something that is very insignificant, it could easily be viewed the same kind of data flowing as an SSL banking transaction. The fact a user wants privacy does not dictate they are guilty it just means they want some things to be kept private. At the end of the day would you tell all your mates about how your love life is going? Perhaps some of the younger members of ausnog might but some things are meant to be kept private. And I believe it is a user's choice what they want to keep private, not simply stating they are a paedophile or looking up something truly nasty.

Well atleast this applies when the user is at home, when they are @ work, that's my domain ;)

James Troy
System / Network administrator
P: +613 8677 3735