[AusNOG] Rural trio back NBN sums: Conroy

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Mon Sep 6 10:44:34 EST 2010

On Mon, Sep 6, 2010 at 10:36 AM, Andrew Oskam <percy at th3interw3bs.net>wrote:

> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/rural-trio-back-nbn-sums-conroy/story-fn59niix-1225914507624
>
> What are your thoughts fellow Noggers?

Not surprising, whether it's achievable or not, it's hard to argue with the
political "idea" of broadband for everyone, isn't it?  And if it fails, "at
least we tried".  It seems the attitude amongst the NBN "spend the money as
quickly as possible", so expect the project to be great for the vendors.

Also agreed to was a new $565M hospital for Tasmania.

Most worthy analysis of this type of issue I've read sofar:
http://thingsboganslike.wordpress.com/2010/09/03/bogan-bribe-watch-september-3rd/