[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Mon Sep 6 00:50:43 EST 2010

Andrew,

And as I've replied, if he can't, then surely he can approach people
within Telstra that could.  I'm not sure about others on this list, but
I would like to know if in PM Rudds desperate last days NBN 2.0 was
condemned to Telstra ownership before it's was even born.

It's typical answer avoidance.

- I make a comment about a rumoured deal between Government and Telstra
- Telstra employee comes onto the list and states how ridiculous it
would be.  Challenges rumour and asks for source of my statement
- I explain it's a rumour - and ask for confirmation on whether it's
true
- Telstra employee avoids answer, but happy to again make negative
commentary about it to indicate such an agreement would be ridiculous.
Again asks for the source of my statement
- I provide a public source on which I based my statement.  Again ask
for him to answer.
- Again avoids answer, but still happy to negatively attack concept
despite not prepared to confirm whether it's true or not.  Again no
confirmation.

It's funny how there is no problem in Telstra people coming on the list
and saying how ridiculous such an idea is, yet a simple "true" or "not
true" answer to dispel the rumour is not as forthcoming.

[b]