[AusNOG] 3G modem for remote dial-in access

Roddy Strachan roddy.strachan at staff.netspace.net.au
Fri Sep 3 11:48:01 EST 2010

Tom,

In sites where we can't get PSTN installed, we use the following :

http://www.cybertec.com.au/products.html

Manual here :

http://www.paqworks.com/product_additional_files/Cybertec%20Series%201000%20
User%20Manual.pdf

We use CSD, but only over GSM, it won't work over 3G as I found out one day
:).

We are using Optus as a carrier, we just got CSD enabled on the SIM and a
separate data number, you just dial that number and the modem answers as
9600 and you have console! Works really well.