[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at staff.pipenetworks.com
Thu Sep 2 11:37:38 EST 2010

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/359080/nbn_3_0_our_reply_allianc
e_affordable_broadband/

>  I love this bit:

>  "In your letter you mentioned that the Labor NBN plan has "failed to
convince". That may be the case for some who hold similar views as
yourselves, but until you are able to answer the above questions (and
those >  we haven't included) the same accusation can and should be
levelled against your suggested plan. Your plan may simply be a proof of
concept to show that an alternative to the NBN is possible, but we look
forward >  to seeing mature, formulated business plan that can replace
Labor's current rollout as it stands from day one. "

>  It's interesting how we've got to provide a "mature, formulated
business plan" , but when you're getting 1Gbps pr0n to your house,
napkin math with no forseeable ROI is enough.

How ironic.  From Computerworld today:

http://www.computerworld.com.au/article/359224/nbn_missing_from_alp_cost
ings/

"Despite promises made by Prime Minister, Jullia Gillard, a proper
costing of the Labor party's proposed National Broadband Network (NBN)
is missing from Treasury documents delivered to the three independent
MPs deciding the potential formation of a minority government."

...and Computerworld are demanding a mature, formulated business plan
from me?!

[b]