[AusNOG] AAB Statement

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Wed Sep 1 10:17:29 EST 2010

On Wed, Sep 01, 2010, Jason Ashton wrote:
> Hi Mark
>
> Latency is estimated at around 5 msec for LTE.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GPP_Long_Term_Evolution

* quoting wikipedia? seriously? :)
* mis-quoting wikipedia? the article states "for small IP packets". That isn't
  a guaranteed band for last-hop QoS.

My experience with current 3G networks is that QoS and throughput -greatly- differs.
_I_ don't mind (I can just keep typing into the coding window whilst TCP buffers it
for me) but I'm sure it'll annoy average, normal users.

(I -could- be an ass and just setup a small stream of voip-profile ICMP to keep
my channel nailed up and active - and I've done this, and it mostly worked -
but my battery life sucked.)

Adrian