[AusNOG] Root Zone DNSSEC KSK Ceremony 3

Jeremy Visser jeremy at visser.name
Sat Oct 30 16:19:08 EST 2010

Joe Abley said:
> ICANN will operate a separate camera whose video will not be
> retained for audit purposes, but which will instead be streamed live
> in order to provide remote observers an opportunity to watch the
> ceremony. The live stream will be provided on a best-effort basis.
> The live video stream will be available at
> <http://dns.icann.org/ksk/stream/>.
>
> [...]
>
> We'd like to hear from you. If you have feedback for us, please send
> it to rootsign at icann.org.

Yeah, I have some feedback.

Why is a “not-for-profit public-benefit corporation with participants
from all over the world” that is “dedicated to keeping the Internet
secure, stable and interoperable” using a non-interoperable Flash–based
streaming service?

What if I don’t want to use Flash, or I want to watch the stream on my
Linux/PPC box? I guess I’m screwed then.

--

(By the way, I’m the author of Python-iView, which is an alternative
frontend to ABC iView designed to free you from the shackles of Flash.