[AusNOG] iPhone serial port

Chris Pollock Chris.Pollock at staff.pipenetworks.com
Wed Oct 27 12:50:22 EST 2010

The USB Sync cable won't do - there are only a few pins connected.  You need a fully populated dock connector (or at least, the correct partially populated one which aren't for sale generally).

MAX-232 chips will do fine if you want to do it ghetto, you just need the some capacitors to make them go.

The apple side of things is TTL, yes.
--
Chris Pollock
Technical & Install Manager

PPC-1 is now live!
6900 km, 20 Months, 2.56 Tbps, 12.5 kilovolts, $200 Million and 100% Australian Owned.
http://www.pipeinternational.com

Mobile :  +61 4 1074 7765
Phone :  +61 7 3233 9813
Fax     :  +61 7 3233 9885