[AusNOG] Feature requests for Pacific IX

Matt Hollis matt.hollis at demand.com.au
Fri Oct 22 15:21:51 EST 2010

Hi Darryl,

Brief overview of proposed spec:

The Pacific IX Peering service will be available in Equinix and Global Switch in Sydney and at Skytower in Auckland.

Purchase of a Pacific IX port gets you access to the Peering VLAN. This is a multi-lateral peering service, connecting to the Pacific IX service includes access to all other public peers. It will be delivered via a multipoint Ethernet based Unicast VLAN enabled to support both IPv4 and IPv6 natively. Service speeds are available as standard at 10Mbps or 100Mbps, with higher speeds available on request. All interfaces are 1 Gbps Ethernet.

Proposed pricing is:
10Mbps $595 per month Ex GST
100Mbps $2,500 per month Ex GST
We plan to go live in December (soft launch) with a full launch in January.

We plan to have a portal to provide reporting like:
sFlow reporting per customer on IP and AS level including total traffic and peer to peer
Monthly total volume reports
Route Differences

Cheers,
Matt Hollis