[AusNOG] Cisco SESM or alternative

Alastair Waddell awaddell at legion.com.au
Wed Oct 20 18:00:09 EST 2010

Hi All,

I've been looking at Cisco Service Selection Gateway (SSG) for capturing users on an ethernet network into a captive portal however Cisco have discontinued the related Subscriber Edge Services Manager (SESM) instead referring me to their partner Broadhop which looks really expensive ('With well over 50 SP customer installations, this 3rd Generation policy manager has been proven in some of the most extreme Carrier-grade network environments as a Top Tier product.')

I'm wondering if anyone has come across any open source or lightweight 3rd party toolkit that can work with SSG in place of SESM.

Regards,
--
Alastair Waddell
CEO