[AusNOG] NBN Legislation

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Sat Nov 27 22:45:50 EST 2010

Let me give you some more examples to chew on:

Any HFC network owner such as looking to upgrade their network to DOCSIS 3.0
Any provider installing in-building DSLAM's delivering high speed broadband to residential towers using VDSL
Any provider installing in-building DSLAM's delivering high speed broadband to commercial buildings using VDSL
Any DSLAM provider considering upgrading their DSLAM's to be able to provide VDSL (particularly in inner metro)
Any provider installing GPON to residential communities or buildings
Any provider installing GPON to commercial buildings
Any provider offering Ethernet services over fibre and decides (due to necessity) to upgrade core/distribution/edge components
Any provider possibly offering bonded EFM services of greater than 25Mbps
*maybe* any Submarine Cable owner with network elements in Australia

[b]