[AusNOG] NBN Legislation

Bevan Slattery Bevan.Slattery at nextdc.com
Fri Nov 26 22:16:28 EST 2010

> The only out clause to this is, I think, for point to point connections for
> companies that are not a carriage service.

Yeah it says "to point-to-point connections provided to single individual government or corporate end-users" which *maybe* means that a provider might by a 100Mb/s Ethernet tail from AAPT to connect to a corporate which would probably fail this exclusion definition as it's between a network/service provider and a corporate (one end single corporate one end service provider) provided by a "carrier".  That's the problem.  I'm not a lawyer, but there seems to be so much grey here it's almost midnight!

[b]