[AusNOG] The death of NBN 2.0 [very off-topic]

Andrew Fort afort at choqolat.org
Mon Nov 22 13:26:34 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 1:04 PM, Richard Pruss <ric at cisco.com> wrote:
> I personally would love to know what information needs to be held for 7 years.... I could see 3 years if you were building a factory and new ASIC's and a new software stack of
> some super secret squirrel CPE , but that would best be done in the open with competition and standards....
>
> So 7 years, any guesses as to why, lets assume they have a rational reason, not just some pathetic attempt to gag debate.

Who knows, though it seems that an update to the story raises that
very question.

http://www.thepunch.com.au/articles/conroy-plays-deal-or-no-deal-on-nbn-business-case/

"Update @6am: The ABC is reporting the non-disclosure agreement has
been shrunk to just two weeks, making it impossible to see how the
demand for seven years, or even three, was ever justified."

I have not as yet found confirmation of the two week NDA period.

-a