[AusNOG] IEC 10A High Temperature cables

Justin Twiss Justin.Twiss at bekkers.com.au
Wed Nov 10 13:22:59 EST 2010

Hey all,

Any thoughts on legality of wiring up a PDU cable with an IEC 10A high temperature plug on one end and an IEC 10A standard socket on the other? (for connecting a HP Procurve 54xx chassis to an APC PDU)

Some input has suggested this is illegal (and would require a 15A socket on the PDU end) but before I arrange the appropriate hardware and skillset to make the cables, I thought I'd ask the list to see if anyone had any knowledge in this regard (or whether plugged in the high-temp plugtop Procurve hardware into a standard IEC 10A PDU previously and how you'd gone about it)

Obviously if anyone has any recommendations of companies that sell these cables pre-made, that'd be even better :)

Justin Twiss
Hosting Manager
[cid:image001.gif at 01CB80C0.C478D340]

Bekkers, 884 Beaufort Street, Inglewood, WA, 6052
Telephone: +618 9422 6777
Mobile:  0405 555 044
Facsimile: +618 9272 6625
Justin.Twiss at bekkers.com.au<mailto:Justin.Twiss at bekkers.com.au> | www.bekkers.com.au<http://www.bekkers.com.au>