[AusNOG] [off-topic] Email disclaimers - Email found in subject

Chris Pollock Chris.Pollock at staff.pipenetworks.com
Mon Nov 8 12:06:22 EST 2010

> Certainly this particular email message is unlikely to be
> construed as work-related.  Under the terms of the employment
> contract I negotiated, I retain the intellectual property on
> my non-work creative output

Not that it's of much relevance to the direction of the conversation,
but I had a discussion with an IR lawyer and my in-house counsel about
this a few months back.

They advised me who advised me that clauses attempting to take ownership
of all IP while in an employment contract are unenforceable, and are
generally put in with the hope that people won't seek legal advice or
fight when push comes to shove, or a misunderstanding of what the scope
of an employment contract can contain.

So, regardless of what you signed, your non-work creative output belongs
to you.

--
Chris Pollock
Technical & Install Manager

PPC-1 is now live!
6900 km, 20 Months, 2.56 Tbps, 12.5 kilovolts, $200 Million and 100%
Australian Owned.
http://www.pipeinternational.com

Mobile :  +61 4 1074 7765
Phone :  +61 7 3233 9813