[AusNOG] [off-topic] Email disclaimers

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Fri Nov 5 15:56:10 EST 2010

I think there was an act a certain period of time ago that said if your company had a turnover of 2 mill or more you had to include some sort of statement to cover your ass. Less than that and you weren't required.

I'm not sure of the specific rules though, I have long since forgotten why we had to pay someone to come up with ours, but we nevertheless had to at a previous point in time to comply with something or other.

I don't think many people would really add them by choice. They are painful at the best of times.

*disclaimer goes here*