[AusNOG] AusLog

Brad Gould bradley at internode.com.au
Tue Nov 2 20:46:43 EST 2010

On 02/11/2010, at 19:46, "Mark Smith"
> government, by law, forcing private telecommunications organisations to
> use the NBN, rather than allowing them to build alternative and
> topologically diverse competitive infrastructure, as has been
> suggested, may well be somewhat driven by this political agenda.

I'll put on my tinfoil hat for this one...

"Bollocks"

Show me one instance where the current Government has had the forethought to develop any sort of intergrated policy covering anything.

Filtering has been lumbering along since pre-2007.  Who knows how long Auslog has been fermenting in the AG's department.  NBN was conceived on a plane and a napkin, with its roots based in a huge middle finger to Sol.

There aint alot of common ground there (nor are the advocates of each even a common demographic).

Brad