[AusNOG] Route filter update management advice.

Sean K. Finn sean.finn at ozservers.com.au
Wed May 26 14:53:09 EST 2010

> Well, you can't avoid IRRToolset if you want to do this.  You'll be spending a lot of time with one of the tools from that package call RtConfig.  It's the code
> that talks to you irrd and generates your IOS / JunOS config.  Get the "uncruft" version and you should be OK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruft

Cruft (occasionally kruft) is computing jargon for "code, data, or software of poor quality".[1] The term may also refer to debris that accumulates on computer equipment. It has been generalized to mean any accumulation of obsolete, redundant, irrelevant, or unnecessary information, especially code. An alternative usage is becoming more generalized to refer to any unneeded or unwanted computer hardware or obsolete equipment.[2]

Groovy :)

Looks like I'm in for some pain if I want some automated filter goodness. Sounds like fun. Thanks once again for the heads up.

Uncruft or Bust.

-Sean.