[AusNOG] Route filter update management advice.

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Wed May 26 14:41:58 EST 2010

On 26/05/2010, at 2:33 PM, Sean K. Finn wrote:

> The biggest lessons I've learnt here are:
>
> 1. Automate router configs for *internal* as path and prefix filtering. (Why didn't I think of that?)
> 2. Use available tools wherever available to make life easier, like, IRRD, RPSL etc, but avoid IRRToolset like the plague since I'm starting afresh.

Well, you can't avoid IRRToolset if you want to do this.  You'll be spending a lot of time with one of the tools from that package call RtConfig.  It's the code that talks to you irrd and generates your IOS / JunOS config.  Get the "uncruft" version and you should be OK.

David