[AusNOG] Route filter update management advice.

David Hughes David at Hughes.com.au
Wed May 26 13:19:35 EST 2010

How you interact with your upstream will totally depend on the upstream.  It'll be the usual mixed bag of web forms, email to noc@ etc etc .  Not much you can do about that.

> Is it really just a case of needing to do this stuff manually forever more?

For your own sanity, generating your BGP and filtering config from an RPSL specification is a good step forward.  I've been working on that for a while now.  The old  IRR Toolset ( irrtoolset.isc.org) has been horrible to work with over the years but is getting better.  If it wasn't written in c++ I'd be helping maintain and enhance it.  Shame about the choice of language really.  But, it's getting more portable and reliable so it's a good starting point.  That and IRRd (www.irrd.net) should help remove some of the manual aspects.

David