[AusNOG] IPv6 Addressing Schemes

Shane Short shane at short.id.au
Fri May 21 04:29:28 EST 2010

Howdy Guys,
We've got our /32 from APNIC a while ago, I'm now finally looking to begin rolling this out across the network and to be honest, the sheer amount of space is doing my head in a little..
I did a bit of a google around and I couldn't really find any 'best practice' for splitting up a subnet of this size..

How're people here picking which subnets to allocate customers? are you splitting it up into chunks of /48s,/56's and /64s and handing them out sequentially?

Thanks,
Shane