[AusNOG] AusNOG-Chat

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Wed May 19 13:00:59 EST 2010

Bikeshed. :)

Before deciding where we're going to put the damn thing, there are a few questions which need to be answered:

1. Is it worth it? How much demand is there for this kind of list?
2. Does this list require any affiliation with AusNOG itself?
   a) Will the powers that be allow us to use the AusNOG name? Under what licence?
   b) How does that affect the content published and the association of that content with that brand? AusNOG is no longer a mailing list, it is an entity.
3. How does the community want the discussion structured? Forums? Mailing lists?
4. How do we come to a consensus on the code of conduct?
5. What members of the 'nog community do we trust to maintain and moderate this kind of discussion? There is inherently a much higher risk associated with OT content than operational content?
6. Where do we discuss this, other than the operational list? Chicken and egg :)

Curtis