[AusNOG] SMH: "No room at the internet"

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Wed May 19 12:02:13 EST 2010

On 19/05/2010, at 9:47 AM, Daniel Hood wrote:

Everyone else's thoughts?

Dan

We need to stop grieving for IPv4 and move on.

We're still stuck on the first 3 stages of grief:

- Denial (we'll just keep buying small ISPs to get more IP space or it'll never happen).
- Anger (why did we give away all those Class As?)
- Bargaining (why can't we get back the Class As, use class E space, use Carrier Grade NAT)

We need to move to Acceptance and get on with it.

MMC

(Who'd like to remember his grandfather-in-law who died yesterday -> a Telstra Exchange tech and a tinkerer who has passed on some of his love and passion of all things technical to my sons (his great grandsons) - you will be missed Val).