[AusNOG] NBNCo releases its response to industry consultation

Narelle narellec at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 22:41:23 EST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Narelle <narellec at gmail.com> wrote:
> So everyone realises they'll have to spend money, time, effort and
> energy installing kit at ALL of NBN Co's 200+ fibre serving areas in
> order to deliver any services to customers?

sorry (long day, getting late)

you'll have to install at ALL of NBN Co's FSAs that you want to
deliver services from...
ie no [kit+backhaul] != no customers

therefore the digital divide stays preserved...

or maybe we'll see a plethora of small regional SPs aggregating at
common regional peering points to split the costs of backhaul... like
the petals on a flower...

yeah, right

--

Narelle