[AusNOG] NBNCo releases its response to industry consultation

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Mon Mar 29 16:56:46 EST 2010

On 29/03/2010, at 4:15 PM, Grahame Lynch wrote:

> No I don't think that but they are an open access wholesale network right? It constrains them from talking about the retail service proposition in some detail. They can't answer questions about services, they can't refer you to specific carriers by their own remit. They can't sell you the detail about why you should agree.

I think that it's possible to talk about the benefits enough to justify why without having to go into great depth or detail.  I imagine that NBNCo, if they're smart, will be working hard with RSPs to create a demand and a "buzz" about benefits as well.  Especially if we refer back to an earlier post where NBN service maybe a requirement for some non-RSP services for health/education etc.

> Also if you are pitched the ONT as part of a NBN-Telstra copper retirement agreement then it is Telstra who will own the communications about why you should get the NBN.

They "own" > 50% of the customers.  So irrespective of the agreement they're going to be, whether we like it or not, a major part of the "converstation" with the community.    The whole - "Who's customer is it?" question is going to be interesting when the wholesale vs retail comes into play with these communications.

MMC
--
Matthew Moyle-Croft
Peering Manager and Team Lead - Commercial and DSLAMs