[AusNOG] [OT] RE: Google criticises Australia on internet filter plan

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at internode.com.au
Wed Mar 24 12:30:14 EST 2010

The Stern Hu thing confuses me - apparently he's confessed to TAKING bribes.  Originally my understanding is he was arrested for bribing and trying to gain "sensitive" information.  (Note: this is genuine confusion on my part).

So, more than just taking money out - it's making sense of the situation.

eg: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/24/2854339.htm?section=world

Quotes from the same article below - it's difficult to know WTF is going on.

"The four members of Rio Tinto's Shanghai iron ore team are said to have offered inducements to Chinese steel company executives."

"Hu has already admitted he took some level of bribes, but who offered the bribes and what they expected in return remain unknown to those outside the court.

Mingqiang is said to have taken a similar amount of money and Caikui about half as much.

But the allegation against Wang Yong is that he took 10 times the amount which Hu allegedly did, receiving bribes worth more than $10 million."

MMC