[AusNOG] [Press Release] Sanity brings Technology to the City with BlueFibre

Michael Richardson mail at mikerichardson.com.au
Tue Mar 23 18:37:57 EST 2010

Matthew,

Please take some time to consider the list charter, which includes the
statement:

"This is NOT a forum for journalists to pick up leads, sales people to sell
things, or end-users to pester their ISP".

AusNOG is a valuable tool for network professionals like myself and others
to discuss technical problems and non-technical problems that can impact the
various industries that we all work in.

I can certainly appreciate the eagerness to announce your brand and positive
news about it. But if an early resistance to this kind of blatant
self-promotion isn't found, then we risk having the list we all love so much
slowly turn into yet another marketing communications platform. So I ask,
respectfully (as a list member, not a moderator), that you refrain from
making these sorts of announcements on list.

Mike

P.S. I am fully aware of the irony of broadcasting an unsolicited opinion in
objection to an unsolicited opinion. Perhaps I'm just as guilty :)