[AusNOG] Marketing Stuff on AusNOG (was [Press Release] Sanity brings Technology to the City with BlueFibre)

Curtis Bayne curtis at bayne.com.au
Tue Mar 23 19:45:36 EST 2010

Nog,

Not aimed at Matthew, but I had written a long post outlining my thoughts on this (as it has occurred a few times, with some offenders worse than others) but I think the following puts it more succinctly. Where's it from? I'll give you a hint, check the first email you received this month =].

   This is NOT a forum for journalists to pick up leads, sales people to
   sell things, or end-users to pester their ISP. Such behaviour will not
   be tolerated (see "Moderation" below).

<facetious>...but since everyone else is breaking the rules, I'd like to point out that my DSL has dropouts and that you should all buy my stuff because it's good. If anyone would like to write an article about either of those things, they're more than welcome to contact me.</facetious>

Curtis.