[AusNOG] DC Flooded in Melbourne?

Darren Moss Darren.Moss at em3.com.au
Mon Mar 8 17:40:56 EST 2010

Yeah, I got it, so did two of our techs.

Might be a good idea to exhaust all options with DataCom before
launching a law suit that will probably get thrown out due to no prior
mediation or engagement.

The litigation firm is probably not off to a good start with an
anonymous gmail address.

It doesn't look great, but it just *might* not be the fault of DataCom.

We had flooding in our Melbourne office last year and it was caused by
negligence of the original builder. The building owner was sued, but
they on-charged that to the builder who recently refurbed.

The tenants had a "combined action" law suit thrown out, with a reduced
claim for compensation.

The root cause was they forgot to water-secure the fire hose cupboards
from the top floor/roof, which leaked down to all floors below, flowing
into lift wells and offices. Nice work, but the building owner could not
have known.

Cheers.

Regards,

Darren Moss
General Manager, Director
[p] 1300 131 083 [f] 03 9017 2287
[e] Darren.Moss at em3.com.au [w] www.em3.com.au

em3 People and Technology | Managed Technology Experts
Celebrating 10 Great Years of Service 1999-2009.
postal: PO Box 2333, Moorabbin VIC 3189

New Zealand Airedale Street, Auckland City
postal: PO Box 39573, Howick 2045
[p] 09 92 555 26 [f] 09 887 0273 [m] 021 841 541