[AusNOG] Oh this is a good laugh.

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jun 22 15:05:57 EST 2010

On Jun 22, 2010, at 12:12 PM, Andrew E wrote:

> I think it would be better to invest in some education, which would maybe fix the root of the problem, rather than come up with these crazy schemes.

Education of the end-user has been definitively proven to be totally ineffective over the years - there's tons of 'education' out there, yet nobody seems to learn anything.  End-users aren't interested in being 'educated', heh.

The only reasonable posture to adopt is to assume a 100%-hostile environment, and to design and build one's networks/systems/applications/services accordingly so as to be able to function in said toxic environment.

    Injustice is relatively easy to bear; what stings is justice.

                        -- H.L. Mencken