[AusNOG] IPv4 Exhaustion date changed to December.

Karl Kloppenborg karl at karltec.net
Mon Jun 21 16:59:16 EST 2010

Hey guys,

Its true, I am in no way running an ISP, however the company I do majority of my work for is certainly far off being IPv6 ready, which to me is a real concern.

I explained to them:
"Its not like come some date next year and suddenly anyone who is still IPv4 will not be connected to the internet, it means that over time our market audience share will be spit, we won't be hitting the full potential we could be doing, more and more users won't be able to access our content."

To the most part they responded with hush hush, its all blown out of proportion and its not worth the outlay at this time.

I find this just a tad bit disheartening..

Karl.