[AusNOG] Rudd Dumps AusCERT to create Government run CERT

Zane Jarvis zane at auscert.org.au
Fri Jun 11 16:09:52 EST 2010

Hi NOGers!

We have been overwhelmed by the level of interest, support and concern we have
received from our members, colleagues and players in the self-help information
security community following the Australian government's announcement
yesterday (10 June 2010).

It is a surprising reminder of how fast news travels on the Internet,
particularly when the subject concerns issues close to our hearts.

To all who have expressed their support for AusCERT - we sincerely thank you.

We wish to assure you that it is very much business as usual for AusCERT.
There will be no reduction in the level of service or assistance we provide
and no reduction in the level of our international engagement or activities.

We will continue to do our best to mitigate cyber attacks by continuing with:

   1. the bulletin service

   2. incident response and co-ordination, and

   3. repatriating compromised account credentials and other sensitive
information stolen by criminals from malware infected computers

These are amongst other services which are available to our members.

So a special thanks to all the NOG'ers who have publically and privately shown
support.

Thank you,
The AusCERT Team.