[AusNOG] Rudd Dumps AusCERT to create Government run CERT

Snowy Angelique Maslov snowy at snowy.org
Thu Jun 10 20:02:40 EST 2010

On 10/06/2010 6:33 PM, Bevan Slattery wrote:
> Why I am not surprised...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2bvc363

Oh goodie.   The one thing this government is not at the moment in the
IT world is "trusted" (or even competent).   I'm sure that is going to
go over well when they try to encourage everyone to this new CERT
Australia.  Personally I couldn't believe that AusCERT ran with only a
250,000 grant from the government anyway (with the rest of it's
operating costs from the corporate sector) - I'm sure this completely
government run body is going to be no where near as inexpensive (or
trusted, or expediant, or...).  *sigh* Im going to have to deal with
this bunch though Im sure ><

--
Snowy Angelique Maslov<snowy at snowy.org>