[AusNOG] 3G wireless signal Strength testing.

Jamie Williams jamie at williams-family.id.au
Wed Jun 9 17:28:52 EST 2010

Hey Simon,

I have tried using 3G services in the past and found the latency to be quite
a lot more then xDSL or even fixed wireless services.  In testing the Big T
shone out in terms of throughput and latency, I also know that they are
upgrading their load balancers and proxies for 3G data at the moment.

In terms of testing, I was using a Cisco router with built in 3G via WIC
card and it was very good, you can monitor the stats from it via SNMP.

Cheers