[AusNOG] Wifi Security and Interception

Klaus Boehme klaus at iig.com.au
Wed Jun 9 10:30:43 EST 2010

On 9/06/2010 9:44 AM, Bevan Slattery wrote:
> It's tech-elitist or naïve to think that everyone out there should know how to encrypt their Wifi access points.

Exactly.  Never ceases to amaze me the number of open WiFi connections
wherever I go.  Not sure if this has been mentioned here, but in Germany
they have legislated to fine the great unwashed:

http://tinyurl.com/2e66gm6

http://tinyurl.com/28d6rjp

http://tinyurl.com/3yh6jfr

> I remember being a kid in a country town where we actually would leave our front door open when we were at home and doors unlocked

Luxury :-) ... and leaving the keys in the ignition of an unlocked car
.. I believe there's a fine for that now!

Klaus